Pages

Thursday 1 October 2020

Last Game For Marist...for now!

Last Saturday I played my last game of club rugby at Marist. 

I've been playing at Marist for eight seasons, starting out with U6 Rippa Marist Royals in 2013 and finishing with my 2nd season as a U13 Blue player.  You might be wondering how I played U13 twice.  My coach/Dad thought it was a good idea for me and my friends to go straight from U7 rippa to U9 tackle rugby.  So I have pretty much always played at least 1 grade up. 

Because of Covid-19 and a broken arm I got from training, I only played 3 games. I was bummed.

Our last game was against College Rifles and we started the game short some players. It took us less than a minute to score the first try and it was all on from there. It was a hot day and the game got a lot harder because we started to get dehydrated. We managed to win the game 70-10.  It was good to finish with a massive win.

I am a little sad to be leaving Marist for now and not having my dad be my coach, but I am excited to be going to college next year and making and playing with new team mates. 

For the last time:

"To my Marist Royals (2013 - 2019 brothers and Vonah) - 421 Marist


 
Me at my first ever U6 Rippa game (2013)
Photo Credit: Miss Kathy

Me and the boys at NZJRF Taupo, U10s Champions (2017)
Photo Credit: Mum

Me and the last of the OG Marist Royals brothers at our last game (2020)
Photo Credit: Mum

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jacob,

    It is great to read about your journey at Marist! It must be amazing to end on such a win, but I'm sure it was bittersweet knowing that it was the end. Will you have a prize giving or end of season celebration?

    ReplyDelete